Hanover / Frankfurt / Main (dpa / tmn) - Traveling is possible again - but with a limited selection and a good deal of uncertainty. Because even in countries and regions that can currently be visited again, the corona situation can change.
In order to still persuade package holidaymakers to make a booking, the major tour operators offer accommodating rebooking conditions. If the situation at the travel destination changes, vacationers can change their plans at relatively short notice - for example, postpone the trip or switch to another destination. The rules at a glance:
- Tui: If you book a package tour with Tui by September 30th, you can flexibly rebook up to 14 days before departure. The originally booked vacation must be in the period until December 31, 2020, the new trip can then take place until October 31, 2021. There is no longer a free cancellation option, according to Tui.
- DER Touristik: Package tours with departure by September 30, 2020 to Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates can be rebooked free of charge. The offer therefore applies beyond the travel warning, in some of the countries it is still valid until the end of August. Long-distance trips that have already been booked and trips outside the Schengen area can currently be rebooked free of charge by scheduled departure by October 31.
The following applies to new bookings at DER Touristik: Anyone who books by September 30 for a period between the beginning of October 2020 and the end of October 2021 can always rebook free of charge up to 14 days before departure. The company includes the tour operator brands Dertour, ITS, Jahn Reisen, Meiers Weltreisen and ADAC Reisen.
- FTI: Existing bookings with the start of the journey by the end of October can be rebooked free of charge at least ten days before departure. The new trip can then take place until the end of October 2021.
- Alltours: Anyone who has a booking with a departure by the end of October can currently cancel or rebook free of charge 14 days before departure. Bookings for vacations with a departure date between November 1, 2020 and March 31, 2020 can be canceled or rebooked free of charge until October 15, 2020 according to the current status.
- Schauinsland Reisen: According to the organizer, rebooking is free of charge until further notice - up to 22 days before departure. The offer for all bookings already made with departure by October 31, 2020. The usual scales apply to cancellations.
The organizers' accommodating rebooking options generally do not apply to dynamically packaged trips, also known as X-products, or to cruises or cruise combinations.
Important to know: If a travel warning applies to the booked country or just the region in which the hotel is located, package holidaymakers can always terminate the contract free of charge. Usually, however, the tour operator cancels the trip on his own initiative.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 200814-99-164887 / 2