NHL striker Erik Haula, who represents the Florida Panthers, shared with his wife Kristen the good news on Instagram: a family is expecting a child. The couple says the calculated time for the baby boy is in January.
- More than excited, Erik Haula, 29, wrote in his own publication.
Early in the year, the family faced tragedy when their unborn baby girl died. The child was due in May.
- Our baby girl is gone far too early. Mom and Dad always love you, and we can’t expect to one day hold you in heaven, Erik Haula wrote touchingly at the time.
Kristen Haula now wrote in her own publication that the new waiting period has been partly overshadowed by fear.
- I would be lying if I said that enthusiasm has not been overshadowed by fear. I didn’t get to sleep before the medical checkups, the expectant mother wrote.
Due to the corona pandemic, Kristen has had to undergo medical examinations alone. She says seeing the child and hearing her heartbeat have always made her in tears of relief.
- I'm still a little tense to buy any baby-related this time.
Now, however, the pregnancy is almost halfway through, and Kristen said she is ready to share the news.
- Although I am not completely satisfied until our son is in our arms, he wrote and added that he is grateful for the pregnancy so soon after the loss of the daughter.
Erik and Kristen Haula from the United States got married last summer in Las Vegas.