China Overseas Chinese Network, August 8th. On August 7, local time, the website of the Chinese Embassy in the United States issued the "Notice on the Nucleic Acid Testing Requirements for Passengers Transiting to Third Countries to China". The original text is excerpted as follows:
1. The Embassy in the United States is conducting a comprehensive assessment of the implementation of nucleic acid testing measures in the United States in accordance with the "Announcement on Passengers on Flights to China Boarding with a Negative Certificate of New Coronavirus Accounting Test" jointly issued by the Civil Aviation Administration of China, the General Administration of Customs, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If the implementation conditions are met, the specific implementation time and measures will be announced in due course, and preparation time will be reserved for Chinese and foreign passengers.
2. At present, some countries have fully implemented nucleic acid testing measures on flights to China. According to relevant regulations, Chinese and foreign passengers transiting from the above countries, including departing from the United States, must complete nucleic acid testing in the country of origin in advance and obtain nucleic acid testing within 5 days before boarding (within 120 hours before flight departure) The report is negative. Chinese citizens must present the green health code with the "HS" logo with a negative nucleic acid test certificate, and foreign citizens must present a health statement certified by the embassy or consulate abroad before boarding the flight after the airline has checked it. With immediate effect, Chinese and foreign passengers departing from the United States and transiting through third countries that have fully implemented nucleic acid testing measures can apply to embassies and consulates in the United States according to the division of consular districts.
(1) Chinese citizens transferred back to the country through a third country
Chinese citizens shall, within 24 hours after obtaining the certificate of negative nucleic acid test, declare their personal situation and upload the negative certificate of nucleic acid test through the WeChat mini program of the international version of the epidemic prevention health code. Under normal circumstances, the embassies and consulates in the United States can complete the review 24 hours after the nucleic acid test certificate is uploaded. Part of the test certificate must be verified with the test agency, and the review time will be extended accordingly. After being reviewed and approved by the embassy in the United States, you will receive a green health code with the "HS" logo. For more information, please click to view "FAQs for Chinese Citizens Nucleic Acid Test Certificate Application". Please pay attention to connecting flights within the validity period of the health code, cooperate with the airline to check before boarding, and carry the original certificate of negative nucleic acid test with you.
(2) Foreign citizens transiting to China via a third country
Foreign citizens should submit a scanned copy of the valid passport data page, the negative nucleic acid test certificate and the signed English version of the health status statement as soon as possible after obtaining the negative nucleic acid test certificate (avoid within 24 hours before boarding). According to the division of consular districts, send an email or submit online to the embassy in the United States. It usually takes one working day to process the "Declaration of Health Status". Some test reports must be verified with the issuing agency, and the approval time will be extended accordingly. After the embassy and consulate passes the review, the scanned copy of the health status statement shall be sent back to the applicant by mail, which shall be printed by the applicant and carried with it throughout the process. The health status statement is valid until the 5th day after the issuance of the nucleic acid test report. Please pay attention to transfer flights during the validity period of the health status statement and cooperate with the airline to check before boarding.
Embassy in the United States: email@example.com
Consulate General in New York: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate General in San Francisco: email@example.com
Consulate General in Los Angeles: please click here (note: the link location in the original text of the embassy website) to submit online
Consulate General in Chicago: firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) For connecting flights in third countries that have never fully implemented nucleic acid testing measures, Chinese passengers board the flight with the health code compliance mark (green small plane), and foreign passengers do not need to present a "health statement".
Three, nucleic acid detection instructions
(1) Testing standards. Only accept the negative report of the Covid-19 Nucleic Acid RT-PCR Test, which is tested by swabs from the nose or throat. We do not accept rapid antigen test results (Rapid Test or Antigen Test Result) or antibody reports (Antibody Test or Serology Test Result) for serum testing through blood draws.
Please be sure to verify the type of test at the test site in advance, and ask for the official report of the new coronavirus nucleic acid test (electronic version is also available) that includes your name, date of birth, test (report) time, and test results. Rapid antigen detection, antibody detection, and handwritten reports are invalid.
(2) Testing agency. At present, every state in the United States has many medical institutions such as hospitals, clinics, or laboratories that provide the public with new coronavirus nucleic acid testing services. The embassies and consulates in the United States currently do not designate a specific testing agency for testing, and all formal testing reports issued by regular medical and testing agencies are recognized.
The parties concerned can check the information of nearby testing agencies on the website of the embassy, call relevant testing agencies in time or log in to their websites to learn more about the specific requirements and procedures of testing, and make proper arrangements for testing. The parties can also make inquiries on the pages published on the websites of various state governments or competent authorities.
4. Epidemic prevention requirements for non-stop flights in the United States
(1) According to domestic requirements, passengers returning from a temporary flight in the U.S. must undergo a nucleic acid test for the new coronavirus within 5 days before boarding (within 120 hours before the flight departure), and the passenger shall have a negative nucleic acid test certificate (paper) issued by the relevant testing agency. , In duplicate, one for the airline and one for self-deposit) for check-in procedures and boarding. Other existing epidemic prevention requirements (international version of epidemic prevention health code, body temperature detection) are still valid.
(2) Non-stop commercial flights from the United States to China have not yet implemented nucleic acid testing certification measures. Chinese passengers returning home on a commercial flight should fill in the international version of the epidemic prevention health code 14 days in advance, and check in with the health code compliance mark (small green airplane).
Embassy in the United States
Consulate General in New York
Consulate General in San Francisco
Consulate General in Los Angeles
Consulate General in Chicago
August 7, 2020