Today, Wednesday, the judicial authorities launched an investigation into the circumstances of the Beirut port explosion that left 100 dead and thousands wounded, while documents and statements revealed new information about the explosives and the ship that carried it to Lebanon six years ago.
The Public Prosecutor of the Court of Cassation in Lebanon mandated Saint Aouidat all security services to carry out investigations and investigations, and to conduct immediate investigations to find out all information and circumstances related to the explosion.
Aweidat requested these devices to provide him with all the reports available to them and any correspondence related to storing the explosive materials, and specifying the names of those responsible for preserving and protecting them and those carrying out maintenance work in the warehouse in which the explosion occurred.
And the Al-Jazeera correspondent quoted medical sources as saying that the huge explosion that rocked Beirut yesterday left 100 dead and 4,000 wounded, in an unlimited result.
For his part, the Governor of Beirut announced that 300,000 people have been displaced in the capital.
The shock is shocking The Lebanese President, Michel Aoun, stressed the necessity of revealing the circumstances of the explosion.
Aoun, who inspected the site of the explosion, said: "The shock of the shock will not prevent us from assuring the families of the martyrs and the wounded first, and for all the Lebanese. Them. "
Aoun yesterday presided over an urgent meeting of the Supreme Defense Council, devoted to discussing the causes of the explosion and facing its repercussions.
The President said that 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate had been stored in the port for 6 years without safety measures, and that this was "unacceptable."
Mourning and punishment
For his part, Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab declared a national day of mourning for the victims of the explosion, and the Lebanese Higher Defense Council considered Beirut a disaster city within a package of decisions and recommendations to face the repercussions of the accident.
The Lebanese Ministry of Defense vowed those responsible for the negligence that led to the Beirut port explosion, and said, "Six years have passed since this massive neglect. Yes, those responsible will be punished."
Tuesday's explosion adds to the pain of a country that has been suffering for months from the repercussions of a severe economic crisis and intense political polarization, in a scene in which regional and international parties overlap.
For his part, the former Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri called for a transparent investigation into the Beirut port explosion.
He said, while inspecting the place of the explosion, that there are many countries that can help Lebanon to find out what happened. The explosion was considered an assassination of Beirut. He said, "The Lebanese people know who it means."
Ship and explosives
In the same context, Lebanese media circulated a letter dating back to December 2017 from the Director General of Customs to the Judge of Urgent Matters in Lebanon.
The letter asked to determine the fate of quantities of "ammonium nitrate" present in warehouse No. 12 inside the port of Beirut after its confiscation from a ship bearing the name "Roussus" in 2014.
The letter shows figures and dates from previous books submitted since 2014 related to the same matter. The letter warned of the danger posed by the fact that these materials remain in the place they are located, and on those working there.
The local OTV TV quoted the director general of Beirut Port, Hassan Quraytem, as saying on Wednesday that the port had stored 6 years ago, according to a court order, high explosive materials.
The channel quoted Koreitem as telling her that customs and state security had asked the authorities to export or remove these materials, but "nothing happened."
A source familiar with the matter said that preliminary investigations indicate that years of complacency and negligence are the reason for storing a highly explosive substance in Beirut port, which led to the explosion yesterday.
"It is negligence," the official source told Reuters, adding that the issue of storage safety was brought up to several committees and judges and "(none of them) did anything" to issue an order to transfer this highly flammable substance or dispose of it.
The Director General of Lebanese Customs, Badri Daher, said that customs sent 6 documents to the judiciary to warn that the article posed a danger.
"We asked for it to be re-exported, but this did not happen. We leave it to the experts and stakeholders to determine the reason," he added.
Another source close to a port employee said that a team that inspected ammonium nitrate 6 months ago warned that if it was not transported it would "blow all of Beirut out."
Two documents state that the Lebanese customs asked the judiciary in 2016 and 2017 to request the “concerned marine establishments” to re-export or agree to the sale of ammonium nitrate, which was transported from the Roussus cargo ship and was deposited in warehouse 12, to ensure the safety of the port.
The site was graying aristide. KOM, a network that handles lawsuits in the shipping sector, said in a report in 2015 that the Roussus ship, which sails a flag flying to Moldova, docked in Beirut in September 2013 when it experienced technical problems while sailing from Georgia to Mozambique carrying 2750 Tons of ammonium nitrate.
He said that after inspection, the ship was prevented from sailing, and its owners subsequently abandoned it, prompting various creditors to file legal claims.
"Because of the risks related to keeping ammonium nitrate aboard the ship, the port authorities transported the cargo to the port warehouses," he added.