Interior Ministry investigators completed an investigation into the criminal case against actor Mikhail Efremov in connection with a fatal accident on Smolenskaya Square. This was told by the head of the press service of the metropolitan police Vladimir Vasenin.
“Investigators of the Main Investigation Department of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Moscow completed a preliminary investigation of the criminal case against a foreign car driver accused of committing a fatal resonant accident,” the press service of the capital’s Ministry of Internal Affairs quoted him as saying.
In turn, Efremov’s lawyer Elman Pashaev told RIA Novosti that the artist was charged with the final version: violation of traffic rules committed by a person in a state of intoxication, resulting in the death of a person through negligence (paragraph “a” of part 4 of article 264 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation).
This information was also confirmed by RT attorney Alexander Dobrovinsky.
“Mikhail Efremov has been charged under Article 264.4. Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. For us, this is expected and quite logical. I'm afraid the game has begun to receive probation. But I hope that the fact that Mr. Efremov does not admit his guilt will not particularly affect the outcome of the case, ”he said.
The lawyer confirmed that a message was received today that the investigation in the case of Efremov has been completed. When the familiarization with the details of the investigation takes place is still unknown.
To gallery page
Recall that Mikhail Efremov got into an accident on the evening of June 8 on Smolenskaya Square, while driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Having lost control, he drove into the oncoming lane and collided with a Lada van, which was managed by Sergey Zakharov, an employee of Delikateska.ru.
With multiple injuries, Zakharov was urgently hospitalized at the Sklifosovsky Research Institute, however, despite the efforts of doctors, he died a few hours later. Efremov was not injured in the accident.
Later, the prosecutor's office reported that Efremov was driving a car in a state of alcohol and drug intoxication. According to media reports, before the accident he was in one of Moscow's pubs.
Two criminal cases were opened on the fact of the incident - “Violation of the rules of the road and the operation of vehicles, resulting in the death of a person through negligence and committed by a person who is intoxicated,” as well as “Illegal production, sale or transfer of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances or their analogues. " Tagansky court in Moscow sent the artist under house arrest until August 9.
On June 13, the actor recorded a video message in which he asked for forgiveness from the relatives of Sergei Zakharov, expressed his readiness to help the family of the deceased, and added that “he does not understand how to continue living.”
“Of course, I have no forgiveness from my wife, from my children, and from all those who believed in me. In general, it’s unforgivable to drive in a booze when an innocent person dies, a good man, my peer, when grief is in his family, ”said Efremov in the video.
The family of Sergey Zakharov refused to accept both the artist’s apology and the material assistance offered by him.
“They completely refused everything, they don’t want any compensation whatsoever, they only want a fair trial,” said lawyer Alexander Dobrovinsky of RIA Novosti then.
In a conversation with TASS, the lawyer said that the family had heard Efremov’s apology and considered them belated.
At the same time, on July 3, Elman Pashayev said that Efremov would not admit guilt.
“Today, Efremov pleaded not guilty of an accident. I won’t explain anything in more detail, it’s premature, that is, he did not commit this crime. Mikhail Olegovich, when he said earlier that he was ready to pay, because his car was involved in the accident, ”said the lawyer on the air of the Moscow 24 television channel.
Pashayev also in an interview with the 360 channel commented on rumors that appeared in the media that the defense would defend the artist’s version of epilepsy in court, and called this information “stupidity and nonsense.”
“The task of the lawyer is to collect evidence. I did this, I gathered enough evidence of his innocence. Therefore, I talked with him, I convinced him: “Let's wait, we will always have time to admit guilt,” he said on the Russia 24 television channel.
According to him, now it remains to be seen what assessment of evidence the court will give.
“If we understand that in court our evidence is unfounded and has no legal force, of course, we will plead guilty and will apologize,” the lawyer added.