The closing meeting of the "Ségur de la santé", initially scheduled for Friday, has been postponed to a later date, which is not yet known at this stage, concordant sources told AFP on Thursday.
This vast concertation on the future of the health system, launched on May 25 by Edouard Philippe, was initially to culminate Friday with a meeting of the "National Ségur Committee", before announcements of the Head of State, promised before mid-July .
But the meeting on Friday, as well as a final negotiation session on remuneration in the hospital public service scheduled for Thursday afternoon, were both "canceled", according to the unions.
Contacted by AFP, the Ministry of Health said that these meetings had been "postponed" and that new dates would be proposed to the unions.
The "Ségur de la santé", led by the former CFDT director Nicole Notat, must materialize the "massive upgrading and investment plan" for the hospital promised by Emmanuel Macron in the midst of a coronavirus epidemic.
At this stage, the government has proposed an envelope of 7 billion euros for increases in remuneration of hospital staff (6.4 billion for paramedical and non-medical staff, and 600 million for hospital doctors).
These envelopes are however deemed insufficient by the unions, who hope to obtain further budget increases from the government.
© 2020 AFP