Sudanese security forces arrested Ibrahim Ghandour, the head of the National Congress Party, after inspecting his house, while the General Command of the army denied thwarting a coup attempt in the country, this came in conjunction with the preparations for the million that various party and political parties called for on the occasion of the "June 30" anniversary.

Sudanese Council member Shamseddin Kabbashi said that leaders of the dissolved National Congress Party had been arrested on charges of incitement to demonstrate.

For his part, Sudanese Information Minister Faisal Muhammad Saleh revealed that a joint force of the Military Intelligence Service and the General Intelligence Service arrested about two weeks ago 9 leaders of the National Congress Party and the Islamic Movement while they were holding a meeting.

And he said - in a statement - that the arrest of the nine leaders came "in light of the availability of reliable security information about a meeting of leaders affiliated with the National Congress Party and the Islamic movement who are dissolved for the purpose of coordinating hostile movements", without detailing those moves.

He explained that the Public Prosecution office is conducting investigations and investigations of the accused, in preparation for bringing them to justice.

A coup attempt
In the meantime, the General Command of the Sudanese army denied thwarting a coup attempt in the country, and Brigadier Taher Abu Haja, media adviser to the President of the Sovereign Council, said that the security measures in the capital Khartoum have nothing to do with a military coup, as was circulated on social media.

For his part, the account of Monte Carew - a follower account known in Sudan - was quoted by a military source as saying that the authorities arrested a number of officers for service and pension.

The source said that 8 service officers with the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel and Major have been arrested, in addition to 6 retired officers at the rank of Brigadier General and Colonel, among whom are Commander of the Guard Ali Osman Muhammad Taha, the ousted Vice President Omar al-Bashir.

Hamdok pledged to fight policies of systematic impoverishment and achieve peace in Sudan (Anatolia)

Silencing bullets
In a speech on the anniversary of the revolution, Sudanese Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdock said his transitional government was committed to seeking to silence bullets and the gun controversy in Sudan.

He added - in the speech broadcast on official television - that the government was working to implement balanced economic policies and justice in the distribution of wealth, in light of popular consensus and acceptance.

Hamdouk asserted the government's principled obligations to achieve justice and retribution, which guarantee that the crimes committed during the past 30 years against the people will not be repeated.

He also pledged to fight the policies of systematic impoverishment, achieve peace in Sudan and radically guarantee the rule of law and justice in the country.

Million June 30
In conjunction with these developments, preemptive demonstrations took place in a number of neighborhoods of the capital, Khartoum, in preparation for the million that had been called by various partisan and political parties.

Political parties call for what they called correcting the path of the revolution and achieving its goals, namely freedom, peace and justice, while other forces call for the overthrow of the government of Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdock, accusing them of failing to achieve the goals of the transitional period, and in improving the deteriorating living conditions in Sudan.

The Sudanese Professionals Caucus said, "This June 30 million is to complete the goals of the revolution and correct its course, and end the appearances of complacency and circumvent the will of the people, not to celebrate."

For its part, the forces of freedom and change (the political incubator of the transitional government) said in a statement that "the calls made by the resistance committees and the families of the martyrs to leave on June 30th are legitimate calls."

She added that those calls "carry objective demands, and show the strength and aggression of the revolutionary street and its determination to guard its revolution, preserve its civil authority, and direct its compass tirelessly."

Khartoum military barracks,
in turn, Sudanese police said they had developed a security plan in Khartoum State, to ensure the safety of participants in the demonstration, which was called "June 30 million."

Sudanese police spokesman Omar Abdel-Majid Bashir said that the security committee in the capital decided to close shops and markets, in addition to bridges between the cities of Khartoum.

Witnesses reported that the capital had turned into a military barracks after the army forces tightened control over its periphery and its bridges.