Cologne (dpa / tmn) - These delicious fennel-lemon spaghettini captivate above all by the fact that they are served in small packets that come out of the oven when hot: the scent of lemon and fennel rises freshly in the nose of every guest when he or she the pretty package at the table opens.
The dish gets its great taste from fried lemon slices and the slightly caramelized lemon juice. And on the other hand through the delicate aroma of fennel vegetables, which, thanks to crushed fennel seeds, has a slightly more intense and light anise taste. The cocktail tomatoes, which only release their juice in the parcels in the oven, make the pasta dish beautifully juicy.
Recipe for fennel and lemon spaghettini in a packet (for 3-4 servings)
250 g spaghettini, 2 fennel bulbs, 3 small cloves of garlic, 3 spring onions, approx. 10 cocktail tomatoes, 2 organic lemons, approx. 10 stems of lemon thyme, approx. 10 stalks of flat-leaf parsley, 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon of sugar, olive oil , Salt pepper
3-4 sheets of baking paper and baking thread
1. Cook the spaghettini until they are al dente (ie do not cook very gently). Collect about 1 glass of cooking water.
2. Wash the fennel bulbs, dry them and remove the thick stalk. Cut the fennel bulbs into fine strips.
3. Peel and cut the garlic into thin slices.
4. Clean the spring onions, cut away the roots and the dark green and cut the spring onions into fine rings.
5. Wash, dry and quarter the cocktail tomatoes.
6. Wash the lemons hot and dry them. Grate the zest of 1 lemon and squeeze the lemon. Cut half of the other lemon into thin slices, squeeze the other half. Mix the lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
7. Roughly crush the fennel seeds in a mortar.
8. Wash the lemon thyme, shake it dry and remove the leaves from the stem.
9. Wash the parsley, shake it dry and chop it roughly.
10. In about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, brown the lemon slices in a large pan until golden brown. Take out the lemon slices and set aside.
11. Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add the fennel cut into strips. Sweat the fennel over medium heat until it is soft and has taken on some color.
12. Add the garlic and half of the spring onions and sauté as well.
13. Deglaze with lemon juice and season with lemon zest, fennel seeds, lemon thyme, salt and pepper. Add about half a glass of pasta water and let it boil down a little.
13. Remove the pan from the heat. Now add the spaghettini, the cocktail tomatoes, the fried lemon slices, the parsley and the remaining spring onions and mix everything well.
14. Cut the baking paper into approximately 50 x 50 cm pieces and place a portion of the fennel-lemon spaghettini in the middle. Tie the corners of the paper together in the middle with baking thread. The amount should be enough for 3-4 packets.
15. Bake the spaghettini packets in the oven for around 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Then serve the packets on a plate.
Alternatively, the dish can also be cooked ready in the pan: then let the fennel and lemon spaghettini simmer over medium heat until the cocktail tomatoes soften and collapse slightly.
More recipe at: https://www.loeffelgenuss.de
Blog spoon enjoyment