There will no longer be a curfew in Mulhouse after the deconfinement. "By mutual agreement with the mayor of Mulhouse, the Mulhouse curfew will no longer be applied" from Sunday evening, said the prefect of Haut-Rhin Laurent Trouvet. This measure had been implemented in March in this cluster of the Grand-Est to avoid the spread of the coronavirus.
>> LIVE - Coronavirus: follow the evolution of the situation Saturday May 9
The Great East hit hard
The night curfew, extending from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., was decreed in this city particularly hit by the coronavirus epidemic at the start of confinement. The Haut-Rhin "has paid a heavy price for this epidemic," said Laurent Touvet. More than 1,300 people have died in hospitals and institutions for the elderly since the beginning of March.
> Deconfinement: what you need to know about returning to work after May 11
> Partial unemployment: the parents' situation clarified
> What will shopping be like after May 11?
> The French will have to go on vacation near their home
> Why going to the hairdresser will cost more after confinement
The department was indeed one of the main French foci of the coronavirus epidemic after a large evangelical gathering in February whose participants then involuntarily spread the disease. But confinement there "was better respected than elsewhere because the disease was very present, very concrete," said the prefect.
A deconfinement "with additional precautions"
Mulhouse and Haut-Rhin are classified by the government in red like the rest of the Grand Est region. "The deconfinement is possible but with additional precautions", considered the prefect. "The rule of no longer gathering with more than ten people applies in Mulhouse as elsewhere," he also recalled. The prefecture of Meurthe-et-Moselle for its part said that the curfew in Nancy would also end "in the night of May 10 to 11".