- Star Wars. Lucas against Disney: I sold my children to white slavers
- Star Wars, Episode IX, "finished shooting". But the title is still there
- The 007 and Star Wars studios are on sale: the Pinewoods of London
- Rogue One, Star Wars wins (and convinces) even without lightsabers
- Cinema, Carrie Fisher dies, the Leila of 'Star Wars'
- In California on May 4th it officially becomes 'Star Wars Day'
- Potentially dangerous Star Wars scenes for epileptics. Disney: crisis risk with lighting effects
- California, first official 'Star Wars Day'
ShareMay 05, 2020 Taika Waititi (director-actor Oscar nominated for Jojo Rabbit and Academy Award winner for the non-original screenplay of the film) will direct the new Star Wars film , as announced by Disney.
Waititi, who directed the critically acclaimed final episode of The Mandalorian 's first season on Disney +, will be the director and co-writer and will write the film alongside showrunner Krysty Wilson-Cairns , recently nominated for an Oscar for his co-production. 1917 screenplay with director Sam Mendes.
Additionally, Emmy Leslye Headland- nominated screenwriter (Russian Doll, The Wedding Party) is currently developing a new Star Wars series for Disney +.
Headland will be the screenwriter, executive producer and showrunner of the series in development, which will be added to an increasingly rich catalog of stories dedicated to Star Wars of the Disney streaming platform, which will include the second season of The Mandalorian, now in phase of post production and two other series: one based on Cassian Andor and set before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and one that follows the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi between Revenge of the Sith and A new hope.
The release date of the Taika Waititi project has not yet been announced, while the Leslye Headland project is under development.