(Fighting new crown pneumonia) French confirmed cases exceed 40,000; first French official dies of new crown pneumonia

China News Agency, Paris, March 29th (Reporter Li Yang) The cumulative number of confirmed cases of new crown pneumonia in France exceeded 40,000 on the 29th local time, while the number of hospitalized patients increased significantly; the first senior French official died of new crown pneumonia that day.

French Director General of Health Salomon announced the latest epidemic statistics that night. On the 29th, 2599 new cases were confirmed in France, and the cumulative number of confirmed cases rose to 40,174. On the 29th, 292 new cases were added, and the cumulative number of deaths rose to 2,606. .

Salomon said that on the 29th, there were 19,354 patients with new coronary pneumonia in France, an increase of 10% compared with the previous day; there were 4,362 cases of severe cases, which require continuous care. In severe cases, 34% of patients are under 60 years of age.

Salomon revealed that the decline in the number of hospitalized patients is an important indicator of changes in the epidemic. He believes that if the current control measures can take effect soon, the number of new inpatients may decline in early April.

According to the statistics of the French health department on the 29th, the number of confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia in the Greater Paris area, including the capital Paris, has reached 12,108, and 823 deaths. This area remains the most severe area in France.

The first senior French official died on the 29th due to new crown pneumonia, which aroused the attention of all circles in France. The deceased is the current chairman of the Greater Paris Seine de Paris paris, at the age of 75. He has served as minister of government several times during his lifetime, and has served as Mayor of Anthony for 20 years. French President Macron and other dignitaries and various parties in the French court expressed their condolences over his death.

Devirang also confirmed that he was suffering from new coronary pneumonia and was hospitalized through a personal social media message three days ago. He said that he was tired but felt that his condition had improved. He also thanked the medical staff. His condition quickly deteriorated and he was declared dead. (Finish)