Teller Report

Now you can see non-English news...

Coronavirus: three infected in the Lodi area. Minister Speranza: mandatory quarantine

2020-02-22T02:51:43.810Z

Six cases of contagion in Lombardy, says the regional councilor Gallera. The man had dined with colleagues who had returned from China. Emergency protocol at the Codogno hospital. His wife and man returned from China who had dined with him over a month ago was also hospitalized



  • Coronavirus: three infected in the Lodi area, quarantine for over 60 people
  • In Codogno, in the Lodi area, the fourth case of coronavirus in Italy. The chronicle of the correspondent of Rainews24
  • Coronavirus, Spallanzani: cured Italian researcher. Improve the Chinese couple
  • Councilor Gallera to Rainews24: "We have reconstructed the contacts of the coronavirus-positive man"
  • Coronavirus. Ricciardi: "We need to understand if we are facing a small outbreak"

Share

February 21, 2020

Following the morning meeting of the scientific and technical committee that investigated the reports of new cases of Coronavirus Covid-19, the Minister of Health, Roberto Speranza, "issued a new ordinance", which "provides mandatory quarantine isolation measures for close contacts, with a positive case. " The ordinance provides "active surveillance with fiduciary home permanence for those who have been in risk areas in the last 14 days, with the obligation of reporting by the person concerned to the local health authorities". This is what the Ministry of Health says in a note.

Councilor Gallera: 6 positive cases
"There are six cases of coronavirus positivity" in Lombardy. The Lombardy Region Councilor for Welfare explained it, Giulio Gallera. "The patient admitted to the sack is doing well" and the situation of the wife of the first hospitalized "is positive".

The cases in the Lodi area
The 38-year-old hospitalized in Codogno (Lodi) hospital, who tested positive for coronavirus, is in reserved prognosis with respiratory failure. His conditions are considered very serious. The man showed up yesterday in the hospital emergency room, with symptoms of severe pneumonia. The first tests for the search for the virus, carried out at the Sacco hospital in Milan, were positive. The colleague returned from China with whom the hospitalized man had dined is also hospitalized in isolation at the Sacco hospital.

His pregnant wife and close acquaintance were also infected
In the Lodi area "two other people residing in Castiglione D'Adda tested positive for the coronavirus test. They are the wife of the 38 year old in intensive care who is eight months pregnant and a close acquaintance. The woman is a teacher but in this was on maternity leave. The two patients are currently in isolation. " This was communicated by the Councilor for Welfare of the Lombardy Region, Giulio Gallera.

Checks on doctors and health personnel



“All the necessary diagnostic tests have already been carried out on the doctors, nurses and patients of the Codogno hospital (praise) where a patient who later tested positive for coronavirus presented himself. we have all the swabs ready ". Said the councilor for health of the Lombardy Region, Giulio Gallera, reached by phone by Rainews. The emergency room had already been closed as a precaution." The departments affected by the investigations are also intensive care and internal medicine - added Gallera - while the others work normally ".

Councilor: the citizens of the area are invited to stay at home
"As a precaution, all citizens of Castiglione d'Adda and Codogno are invited to stay at home and avoid social contacts": this is the invitation of the councilor for Welfare of Lombardy Giulio Gallera, after the cases of Coronavirus in the Lodigiano area. "For those who experience flu symptoms or respiratory problems - added Gallera - the peremptory indication is not to go to the emergency room but to contact directly the number 112 which will evaluate every single situation and activate specific routes for transport to the healthcare facilities in charge or to possibly carry out the necessary tests at home ". "A regional task force has been active since last night - explained the councilor - which is operating in close contact with the Ministry of Health and Civil Protection. Most of the contacts of people who tested positive for Coronavirus have been identified and submitted the necessary investigations and measures. "

Quarantine will be launched for 60 people
Sixty people would have come into contact with the 38-year-old hospitalized in Codogno: the quarantine will start for them. It has not yet been determined whether the days under health control will be spent in an ad hoc facility or in one's own homes. The final results of Spallanzani in Rome are expected in the next few hours. According to press reports, in recent weeks he would have dined with some colleagues who have returned from China. "People who have been in contact with the patient - said the Lombardy Region Councilor for Welfare Giulio Gallera - are being identified and subjected to specific checks and necessary measures". The appropriate safety measures are operational at the Codogno hospital and access to the emergency room has been blocked, a dozen patients have been transferred to the hospital in Lodi.

Burioni: quarantine for anyone returning from China
The latest news leads me to repeat for the umpteenth time the only important thing. Those returning from China must be quarantined. Without exceptions. I hope politicians understand this because the consequences of an error would be irreparable. "Roberto Burioni wrote on Facebook, commenting on the case of the 38-year-old infected in Lombardy.

Military quarantine facilities are assessed
With regard to the story of the new case of contagion from Coronavirus to Lodi, the need and needs in the area are being assessed in these hours, also with regard to the hypothesis of possible military support structures for the quarantine. This is learned from Defense sources, which works in close collaboration with other institutions to deal with the emergency.

Conte: don't panic, we are a maximum precaution
"We immediately adopted a maximum precautionary line, this allows us to drive away any social alarmism and any panic. You must trust the official indications of the Ministry of Health". So did Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, in Brussels for the European Council. "We are already at the level of maximum precaution," he adds. "An isolation treatment has been arranged for all those who have come into contact" with the three new ones infected in the Lodi area.

Source: rainews

You may like

News/Politics 2020-03-07T04:23:41.609Z

Trends 24h

Latest

news 2020/03/30    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy