Hollywood (dpa) - The South Korean satire “Parasite” has won the Oscar for the best film. It was the first time in history that a non-English-language production triumphed in the king category. The work was the winner of the evening with four awards. Renée Zellweger was awarded for "Judy" as the best leading actress in the night. Best actor was Joaquin Phoenix for his role as Batman's opponent «Joker». Brad Pitt and Laura Dern won as best supporting actors.
Film: Four Oscars for South Korean satire "Parasite"
ZEIT ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Film: Oscar for the best film goes to satire "Parasite" from South Korea 2 months
- South Korean Parasite Wins Major Oscars: Double Winner of Best Movie! 2 months
- Film: South Korean Bong Joon Ho wins director's Oscar with "Parasite" 2 months
- Film: South Korean film "Parasite" wins the foreign Oscar 2 months
- Oscars: the triumph of "Parasite", a turning point for South Korean cinema - France 24 2 months