Berlin (dpa / tmn) - A few weeks ago, my colleagues and I had an appointment outside and were having lunch in a French bistro. There was an excellent quiche with a side of salad. After that I was immediately in quiche fever.
I don't know about you But there are times when you make a recipe often and regularly, and then it is somehow forgotten. So it was with the quiche.
The hearty cake is so easy to prepare and tastes really good when warmed up in the office. With a salad, a quiche is perfect for lunch. In order to provide variety, I was inspired by seasonal ingredients. The result is this delicious winter quiche with Brussels sprouts and spicy Gorgonzola.
Ingredients for 5 mini quiches (diameter 10cm) or a large quiche: For the dough: 250 g flour,
1 pinch of salt,
2 tablespoons of cold water,
125 g cold butter
For the filling:
150 ml cream,
15 g grated parmesan,
50 g gorgonzola,
200 g Brussels sprouts cleaned,
1-2 tbsp almond sliver accessories: quiche molds, butter for greasing, flour for rolling out, rolling pin, baking paper, peas
Preparation of the dough:
1. Put the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use the dough hook to make a smooth dough.
2. Knead well with your hands and place the dough wrapped in cling film in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Grease the bases of the molds with butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top and bottom heat.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured work surface and cut out circles with a circular cutter.
6. Place the dough in the prepared molds and press firmly. Push the edge up nicely. Prick the bottom several times with a fork.
7. Cut the baking paper to size and place a piece of baking paper in each mold. Complain with baked peas.
8. Place the molds in the preheated oven and prebake for 10 minutes.
9. Take the molds out of the oven and let them cool briefly. Then remove the baked peas and baking paper.
Preparation of the filling:
1. Put the cleaned Brussels sprouts in a saucepan, salt and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Drain and quench with cold water.
3. Put the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and parmesan in a bowl and whisk.
4. Place the Brussels sprouts in each dough tin and pour the egg mixture over them.
5. Cut the gorgonzola into pieces and put them in the tins as well.
6. Bake the quiches in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with almond slices after about 10 minutes.
More at https://www.biskuitwerkstatt.de/