Rome (dpa) - The head of the right-wing Lega, Matteo Salvini, could predict a defeat in the regional election in Emilia-Romagna in Italy. The Socialists' center left candidate Stefano Bonaccini, according to the Rai broadcaster, received between 47 and 51 percent of the vote. The Lega candidate Lucia Borgonzoni came to 44 to 48 percent. The election in the region is considered particularly important for the government in Rome of five-star movement and social democrats, since it has always been in the left hand.
Government: Forecast: Salvini threatens defeat in regional election
ZEIT ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Government: Damper for Salvini in regional election in Italy too 2 months
- Government: projections: Salvini's party fails in regional election 2 months
- First forecasts: Salvini threatens defeat in regional election in Italy 2 months
- Government: Forecast: Salvini threatens defeat in regional election in Italy 2 months
- Political parties: Salvini faces defeat in regional election in Italy 2 months