The American army announced the treatment of a number of American soldiers from symptoms of concussion in the brain as a result of the Iranian missile attack that took place on January 8th on the Iraqi base of al-Assad, despite the fact that the "Pentagon" had previously denied any injuries resulting from the attack.
US Central Command spokesman Captain Bill Urban said in a statement that at least 11 American soldiers were wounded in the Iranian attack on al-Qaeda.
He added, "While he did not kill any of the American soldiers in the Iranian attack on January 8 on Ein al-Assad Air Force Base, many of them were treated for the concussion symptoms caused by the explosion, and they are still being evaluated."
At the time of the attack, most of the 1,500 American soldiers at the base had been barricaded in shelters after receiving warnings from their superiors.
According to previous US military reports, the Iranian strike caused great material damage, but no injuries.
Even US President Donald Trump also announced in the morning after the missile strike that "no Americans were injured in last night's attack."
However, Urban said that "in the days after the attack, due to intense precautionary measures, some soldiers were removed from Ein al-Assad base."
He added, "Currently, 11 individuals have been transferred to Landstuhl and three to Camp Arifjan," referring to "Landstol Regional Medical Center" in Germany and "Camp Arifjan" in Kuwait.
In addition to the Iranian missile strikes that targeted the Al-Asad base in western Iraq, the Iranian bombing also hit a base in Erbil that includes American soldiers and other foreigners who are fighting within the international coalition the remnants of the ISIS group.
"When they are considered fit for service, the soldiers are expected to return to Iraq after undergoing medical tests," Urban said.