The alarm about the robbery came at 14.50 on Friday afternoon. Many police officers have been sent to the scene and an area around the crime scene has been blocked off for technical investigation.
The robbery should have happened in a pharmacy, says SVT's employee Mikael Nilsson.
"There has been a complete robbery, exactly what is applied, we do not yet know," says Katarina Rusin, press spokesperson for the police region of South.Helicopter participates
Dog patrol and helicopter also participate in the operation.
- We use helicopters when looking to get an overview. In this case, it is one or more perpetrators who have moved away, says Katarina Rusin.
National bomb protection is in place to investigate an item left in the store.
According to information from the site, it must have been a lone robber who threatened the staff with a firearm-like object.
A large area has been blocked off after a robbery occurred on Nydalatorget. Photo: Mikael Nilsson Ambulance personnel on site
There is no information that anyone was injured.
- Ambulance personnel are on site and take care of shocked people. There may be about ten people, but this has not been confirmed, says Fara Tunklev, operator at SOS Alarm.
The staff who worked at the pharmacy at the event are shaken.
- We will give them the support they need after such a shocking experience and keep the pharmacy closed tomorrow, says Magnus Frisk communicator at Apoteket.Large area blocked off
An area between Nydalatorget and Hermodsdal has been blocked off and residents cannot access their apartments.
- I have patients that I have to find. Patients must receive their medications on time, says a person in the home service who wants to be anonymous to SVT's reporter.
Another person that SVT has talked to has children at Nydala preschool and, due to the barriers, cannot come and fetch their children.Housing has been evacuated
The barriers have been extended and accommodation in apartments behind the pharmacy has been evacuated. The residents are allowed to wait in Nydala School while the technical investigation is ongoing.
- It is about wanting to add a safety distance so that the bomb protection can make the investigation as safe as possible, says Katarina Rusin.
There is currently no forecast for when the barriers will be lifted.