Iran and several Iraqi parties condemned today the American bombing of the sites of the Iraqi Hezbollah Brigades, which left 25 dead and dozens wounded, and the Iranian Foreign Ministry described it as a "terrorist" attack.
While the leader of the popular crowd, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, stressed that the response to the American forces in Iraq after this attack would be "very harsh", and the Hezbollah Brigades said that they are in a state of alert and that "the battle with America is open to all possibilities and there is no option but confrontation." .
The Iraqi Ministry of Defense announced - earlier Sunday - that two Hezbollah battalions in the Salloum Forest and Al-Harash areas west of Anbar were subjected to three American airstrikes.
But US Defense Secretary Mark Esber said that F-16s had bombed five targets, three in western Iraq, and two in eastern Syria, indicating that they were either command and control facilities or armories.
Sources in the popular crowd said that among the dead was the commander of the 45th Brigade of the Iraqi Hezbollah Brigade.
The speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives, Muhammad al-Halbousi, denounced what he described as the "assault" that had been suffered by pieces of the popular crowd and left scores of people dead and wounded.
While the Iraqi Victory Alliance, led by former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, described the American raids as "an attack on Iraqi sovereignty," calling for all Iraqi military formations to be obligated to the orders of the country's general command and not to drag Iraq into the midst of international regional conflicts.
For his part, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, warned of the dangers of throwing Iraq into the war between Iran and America, and tweeted, "I am not with fueling the war between Iran and America, and I am not with Iraq plunging this war and making it an arena for the Iranian-American conflict."
The Lebanese Hezbollah movement also condemned the American raids, describing them as "a blatant aggression against the sovereignty, security and stability of Iraq."
In a statement, the party criticized the United States for attacking groups inside Iraq that helped it defeat the Islamic State, he said.
Earlier, Iraqi President Barham Salih had condemned the attack and said it was a violation of Iraqi sovereignty.
The Iraqi Caretaker Government also said that the US air strikes are a dangerous escalation, and the military spokesman for the Prime Minister stated that Adel Abdul Mahdi ordered an emergency meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security, with the aim of taking the necessary measures to protect the Iraqis and preserve the security and sovereignty of Iraq.
The Asa’ib al-Haq faction led by Qais Khazali emphasized that “the American military presence has become a burden on the Iraqi state. Rather, it has become a source of threat and attack on our armed forces and security services.
The PMF Chief of Staff Abu Mahdi Al-Muhannadi also said that "the blood of the martyrs and the wounded will not be in vain, and that the response will be harsh for the American forces."
And considered the Dawa Party, led by Nuri al-Maliki, that the US aircraft targeting the headquarters of the popular crowd, "a violation of the sovereignty of Iraq," expressing his refusal that Iraq be an arena to settle accounts with Iran.