- Abuse and abuse of the elderly, seized two 'lager' nursing homes in Palermo
- Prato, elderly abused in a nursing home: suspected nurses and operators
- Isernia, mistreated elderly and psychiatric patients. 13 arrests in Molise
- Disabled abused in San Benedetto del Tronto. 5 educators in jail
- Rovigo, ten arrests for ill-treatment in a nursing home for the elderly
ShareJanuary 18, 2016 Physically and psychologically they treated some minors, mentally disabled, entrusted, for the supervision, assistance and psychological support, to a housing community of Licata, in the province of Agrigento, subjected to preventive seizure. A social worker, responsible for the management of the structure, was arrested and placed under house arrest, for three operators the prohibition to stay in the province of Agrigento was triggered and the administrator was banned from exercising.
The interim order was ordered by the magistrate of the Agrigento court, Alessandra Vella at the request of the deputy public prosecutor Alessandro Macaluso. As part of the operation, carried out by the carabinieri and called "Broken chains", a total of eight people are registered in the register of suspects.
Minister Lorenzin's comment
The Minister of Health, Beatrice Lorenzin, learned of this last episode recalled, with a tweet, that in Parliament it has been too long her DDL that inflicts more severe penalties on those who mistreat people. It is inhuman - concludes the minister - what happened in Licata.
In Parliament I have been holding my bill for too long with stricter penalties for those who mistreat people # who are disabled. Inhuman what happened in #Licata- Beatrice Lorenzin (@bealorenzin) 18 January 2016