Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul-Rahman Al-Thani said today, Saturday, that slight progress has been made to resolve the dispute that broke out two and a half years ago with Gulf countries and Egypt.
In response to a question whether any progress was made during the Gulf Cooperation Council summit held last week, the minister - who is also deputy prime minister - told Reuters that "slight progress (achieved) is only slight progress."
The Qatari Foreign Minister had announced earlier talks with Saudi Arabia on the Gulf crisis, noting that the conversation did not reveal the 13 demands that the blockading countries put in place for the return of relations with Doha, which Qatar considers incapable, and that the negotiations are moving away from them.
The leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council concluded their fortieth summit in Riyadh last Tuesday by emphasizing the importance of cohesion and unity of the GCC states, and the necessity of military and security integration between them in accordance with the mutual defense agreement.
The Gulf Summit statement stressed the need to work with friendly and partner countries to confront any security and military threats, stressing that any attack on a country in the Council is an attack on the entire Council.
The delegation of the State of Qatar was led at this summit by Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior.