- Carabiniere killed, on Friday the RIS will analyze the clothes worn by Mario Cerciello Rega
- Murder Rega, investigated the carabiniere who took the photo at Christmas Hjort blindfolded
- Cerciello murder, you find Hjort Christmas prints where the knife was found
- Carabiniere killed, Comandante Gargaro: "Cerciello had forgotten the gun"
- The theft, the appointment, the aggression, this is how Mario Cerciello Rega died
Share19 November 2019Finnegan Elder Lee, the 20 year old who physically launched the 11 stab wounds to deputy sergeant Mario Cerciello Rega knew, like his friend Gabriel Christian Natale Hjorth, that the one in front of him was a carabiniere.
On the night of 26 July, the deputy sergeant of the carabinieri Mario Cerciello Rega and his colleague Andrea Varriale showed the two ID cards to the two American students Lee Elder Finnegan and Gabriel Christian Natale Hjorth.
The confirmation comes from Finnegan himself in an interception, quoted in an informative report by the carabinieri, of an interview between the boy, his father and Michael Craig Peters, American legal advisor, on 2 August in the Regina Coeli prison.
"When they quickly showed us badges or something," says the American boy. Today, Time and the Republic write about the meeting. After that revelation Craig intervenes inviting Finnegan to "remain calm".
"Stick to your statement - he says - pass it again point by point, remember it. We must not worry about your statement ... during the interrogation ... you can't say that. It just happened". And again: "You have not seen anything", referring to identification cards.
In the continuation of the conversation, the newspaper Il Tempo reports, "recounting the dynamics of that night, Finnegan reiterates that he understood that Cerciello and Varriale were two exponents of the forces
"I saw two cops (" I saw two cops, "he says in English). One of them lower. They were facing in the opposite direction. They came behind us, behind us. And the military car (" tank ") was here".