Bremen (dpa) - An illegally entered Germany member of the Lebanese Miri clan remains in detention. The District Court of Bremen confirmed his issued on October 30, the detention order.

The complaint filed by the lawyer of the detainee has now been forwarded to the Bremen Regional Court for final decision, said the spokeswoman for the district court on Thursday. Several media had previously reported on the decision of the district court.

The district court confirmed receipt of the documents. However, the competent board of appeal, which also works as a criminal court, this week can not make a decision, said the spokesman for the district court. "As soon as possible, but not later than December 2nd," he emphasized. Until December 2, the deportation warrant is valid, but it could be extended thereafter.

Ibrahim Miri, convicted of gang-related drug trafficking, was deported to Lebanon in July after leaving the country for many years. At the end of October, he reappeared in Bremen, applied for asylum and was arrested.

Miri's asylum application was rejected by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bamf) as "manifestly unfounded". Appeal against this decision is possible. However, initially no application was received by the Verwaltungsgericht Bremen. The deadline obviously does not come until next Tuesday.

Miris lawyer Albert Timmer said that the Federal Office had him handed the negative asylum decision last Friday (8 November) personally in his office. "This decision was not provided with a legal remedy. This has probably been forgotten in the "eagerness of the battle," Timmer said in a written message. The decision had then been sent to him on Tuesday by post including legal remedy. From that day onwards, a one-week period for bringing an action applies. "The lawsuit and the urgent petition are filed on time," the lawyer assured.

According to Timmer, the Bremen city authorities have issued a new expulsion order in the event that the regional court overturns the deportation detention order. It is said that Miri must report every two days to a police station. "Mr. Miri is ready to accept such a reporting requirement," Timmer said.