Aboard their flying boat (Charal), Jérémie Beyou and Christopher Pratt were on Tuesday night still leading in the Imoca category of the Transat Jacques Vabre (TJV), with more than 10 nautical miles ahead of their pursuers.
At 20h00 (19h00 GMT), the tandem was at the head of the Imocas fleet, the 18m monohulls that are the stars of the legendary race around the world alone, the Vendée Globe.
Now 3685.8 nautical miles from their point of arrival, the port of Salvador de Bahia (Brazil), they are followed by the Charlie Dalin / Yann Eliès duo (Apivia), at 10.91 nm.
The American Charlie Enright and the Frenchman Pascal Bidegorry complete the podium, 26.64 nm behind the leaders.
The TJV 2019 is still led by one of only three multihulls in the race, that of Thibaut Vauchel Camus and Fred Duthil (Solidaires En Peloton ARSEP), which was Tuesday night 3571.3 nautical miles from the finish.
In Class40, the tandem Aymeric Chappellier / Pierre Leboucher (Aina Childhood and Future) is ahead of Sam Goodchild and Fabien Delahaye (Leyton), who are less than 4nm behind.
The ranking Tuesday at 20:00 (19:00 GMT)
. Multi50 (50ft / 15m multihull) - 3 engaged
1. Thibaut Vauchel-Camus / Frédéric Duthil (ARSEP Solidarity In Peloton) at 3571.3 nm from the finish
2. Gilles Lamire / Antoine Carpentier (GCA Group - A thousand and one smiles) at 60.53 from 1st
3. Sebastien Rogues / Matthieu Souben (Primal) at 65.38
. Imoca (60-foot / 18-m monohull) - 29 hired
1. Jérémie Beyou / Christopher Pratt (Charal) at 3685.8 nm from the finish
2. Charlie Dalin / Yann Eliès (Apivia) at 10.91 nm from the 1st
3. Charlie Enright / Pascal Bidegorry (11th Hour Racing) at 26.64
4. Clarisse Crémer / Armel le Cleac'h (People's Bank) at 28.8
5. Sam Davies / Paul Meilhat (Initiatives-Heart) at 28.87
6. Kevin Escoffier / Nicolas Lunven (PRB) at 32.37
7. Sebastien Simon / Vincent Riou (Arkea-Paprec) at 46.54
8. Nicolas Troussel / Jean Le Cam (Corum L'Epargne) at 52.69
9. Damien Seguin / Yoann Richomme (Apicil Group) at 53.86
10. Giancarlo Pedotte / Anthony Marchand (Prysmian Group) at 63.95
. Class40 (40ft / 12m monohull) - 27 engaged
1. Aymeric Chappellier / Pierre Leboucher (Aina Childhood and Future) at 3852.1 nm from the finish
2. Fabien Delahaye / Sam Goodchild (Leyton) at 3.99 nm from the 1st
3. Louis Duc / Aurélien Ducroz (Crosscall Chamonix Mont Blanc) at 18.67 nm
© 2019 AFP