Ankara (AFP) A few hours before the end of the ceasefire, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has threatened to continue the offensive in northern Syria. "If the promises of the Americans are not kept, the operation will be resumed with even greater determination," Erdogan said on Tuesday before the departure for a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi.
Turkey: Erdogan threatens to continue the offensive in northern Syria
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Turkey: Turkish soldier killed in offensive in northern Syria 5 months
- Erdogan threatens to continue to “crush terrorism” in Syria 5 months
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan: Turkish President threatens new offensive in northern Syria 5 months
- Conflicts: After unification to northern Syria: Erdogan threatens to continue war 5 months
- Turkey threatens to continue: new ceasefire for northern Syria agreed 5 months