Beirut (AFP) According to activists, the Kurdish fighters have completely withdrawn from the northern Syrian border town of Ras al-Ain. The withdrawal of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) from the city besieged by Turkish military units and Syrian auxiliary forces is closed, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported on Sunday. Earlier, the Turkish Ministry of Defense had already declared that the Kurdish-dominated SDF would withdraw from the city.
Syria: Activists: Kurdish fighters have withdrawn from border town Ras al-Ain
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Syria: Total withdrawal of Kurdish fighters from the besieged city of Ras al-Ain 1 year
- Syria, started Kurdish fighters retreat 1 year
- "Kurdish fighters withdraw from northern Syrian border town" 1 year
- Northern Syria: Kurdish militias have left Ras al-Ain 1 year
- US: Kurdish militias already withdrawn from Syria 1 year