Berlin (AFP) Germany will resettle in the UN Human Rights Council next year. Federal Foreign Minister Heiko Maas (SPD) welcomed the election of Germany to the panel by the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday. "In 2020, we will also be members of the United Nations Human Rights Council and Security Council," he said. "It also means a huge responsibility for us, and we will openly address human rights violations in both bodies."
Germany: Germany elected to UN Human Rights Council
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Venezuela will be part of the UN Human Rights Council despite torture and executions 1 month
- Venezuela Gets a Place on the UN Human Rights Council 1 month
- Germany: UN Security Council meets again on Turkish offensive in northern Syria 1 month
- Venezuela gets a seat on the UN Human Rights Council 1 month
- Venezuela at the UN Human Rights Council, a "victory" for Maduro 1 month