Berlin (AFP) Germany will resettle in the UN Human Rights Council next year. Federal Foreign Minister Heiko Maas (SPD) welcomed the election of Germany to the panel by the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday. "In 2020, we will also be members of the United Nations Human Rights Council and Security Council," he said. "It also means a huge responsibility for us, and we will openly address human rights violations in both bodies."
Germany: Germany elected to UN Human Rights Council
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Venezuela will be part of the UN Human Rights Council despite torture and executions 10 months
- Venezuela Gets a Place on the UN Human Rights Council 10 months
- Germany: UN Security Council meets again on Turkish offensive in northern Syria 10 months
- Venezuela gets a seat on the UN Human Rights Council 10 months
- Venezuela at the UN Human Rights Council, a "victory" for Maduro 10 months