- The Turkish army enters Syria. The USA: "Ankara stops". And ISIS claims the first attack
- Syria, tens of thousands of Syrian Kurds fleeing the Ankara offensive
- Third day of operations, news from the Turkish-Syrian border
- The Turkish military operation in Syria continues. Erdogan: if the EU hinders us we send refugees
- Erdogan orders the attack: the Turkish army invades northern Syria. Hit the Kurdish posts
- Damascus: Turkish artillery bombs the north-east of Syria
- Syria, on Facebook the video testament of Lorenzo Orsetti: "Here I am happy, I love you"
- Syria announces the killing of an Italian fighter in Baghuz
- Syria. Ankara: "Ready to cross the border". Artillery hits Kurdish positions
- Conte receives NATO secretary general Stoltenberg: "Turkish military initiative worries in Syria"
Share12 October 2019
Turkish forces claimed they had taken control of the Syrian border town of Ras al-Ain, which was at the center of operations against Kurdish militants. "Following successful operations in the Peace Spring operation, the urban area of Ras al-Ain east of the Euphrates was taken over," the Turkish Defense Ministry announced on Twitter. The Turkish offensive in the north-east of Syria it penetrated up to 8 km from the Tal Abyd side and 4 km from the Ras al Ayn side, the two frontier locations from which the Ankara incursion started on Wednesday. Turkish Vice President Fuat Oktay said so. The declared goal of Turkey is to create a buffer zone at least 30 km deep.
Kurdish authorities: Ras al-Ain still in our hands
The Kurdish authorities deny the announcement by the Turkish Defense Ministry that the city of Ras al-Ain would have been conquered by the Ankara army. "Ras Al-Ain is still resisting and the fighting has occurred," said an official of the Syrian democratic forces Kurdish guide, international media report. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights itself states that the city, the main target of the Turkish offensive, has not been completely conquered.
Ong, ten civilians killed in Turkish bombing
At least 10 civilians were killed this morning in Turkish bombing in northeastern Syria. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports this. At the moment there are violent fighting going on.
ISIS claims the first attack
Worry about foreign fighters. The attack carried out yesterday with a car bomb in the city of Qamishli was claimed by ISIS, according to which the explosion caused "dozens" of victims. The Site, the website for monitoring online jihadism, reports this. Qamishli is located in the area under Kurdish control in northern Syria, to the east of the area where Turkey began its military operation. In the same area there is a prison hit by a Turkish raid, from which, according to local authorities, 5 ISIS jihadists would have fled.
The UN: at least 100 thousand people on the run
In Syria, since the beginning of the Turkish offensive, there have been at least 100 thousand displaced persons. The UN underlines this.
Trump-Erdogan clash on the attack on the Kurds in Syria. 'Stop the war,' warns the US president. 'Forward despite the threats', the reply.
US and Europe ready for sanctions against Ankara. 'Europe lacking a substantial foreign political influence'. Conte: 'Ankara stops, the EU does not accept it'