Teller Report

Now you can see non-English news...

Saudi Arabia: Fragments prove that Iran was behind oil attacks

2019-09-18T16:26:16.466Z

At a press conference on Wednesday, the Saudi Ministry of Defense showed debris from Iranian drones and missiles. According to Saudi Arabia, the wreckage forms "irrefutable proof" that Iran was behind the attacks on Saudi oil facilities.



At a press conference on Wednesday, the Saudi Ministry of Defense showed debris from Iranian drones and missiles. According to Saudi Arabia, the wreckage forms "irrefutable proof" that Iran was behind the attacks on Saudi oil facilities.

Colonel Turki al-Malki of the Saudi army said that Iran fired a total of 25 drones and cruise missiles at two oil installations last weekend.

The Ministry of Defense had exhibited a large number of debris before the press conference. As Malki moved between the displayed rocket parts, he said that the debris came from unmanned Iranian drones (UAVs) and so-called Ya Ali cruise missiles. According to the Saudis, those weapons are used by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Iran has denied any involvement in the attack. Iranian-backed Houthi rebels from Yemen have repeatedly claimed the attacks. The Houthis said they did this because the Saudis are involved in the civil war that the rebels have been waging in Yemen for four years.

Saudis happy with American support

According to Malki, however, the Houthis have claimed the attacks with the aim of covering Iran. The Colonel also said on Wednesday that the rockets were coming from the north, from Iran.

Earlier this week, the United States had already released satellite images showing that the impact of the weapons shows that they were coming from the northwest, from Iran and Iraq. The part of Yemen controlled by Houthi's is located in the southwest of the oil refineries.

Saudi Arabia said it was happy with US support. US President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday that he would increase sanctions against Iran.

"Oil production fully recovered this month"

Saudi Arabia's oil production is likely to have fully recovered from the drone attacks by the end of this month, said energy minister Abdulaziz Bin Salman on Tuesday. It was previously feared that the oil installations would suffer from production problems for months.

The production loss due to drone attacks on oil facilities at state oil company Saudi Aramco in Abqaiq and Khurais amounted to 5.7 million barrels of oil per day, about 5 percent of oil production worldwide.

The Saudi Aramco summit stated that the costs of damage to the facilities are still being investigated. The long planned IPO of Saudi Aramco should take place within twelve months, depending on market conditions. In addition, the state oil company should be valued at 2 trillion dollars (more than 1.8 trillion euros).

Newsletter

  • Want to know what you missed at night? And an update on the most important news around lunch? Subscribe now to our daily newsletter!

Source: nunl

Similar news:

You may like

News/Politics 2019-09-18T02:40:33.375Z
Business 2019-09-16T21:47:15.232Z
News/Politics 2019-09-14T23:17:08.369Z
Life/Entertain 2019-09-18T16:56:10.787Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2019-12-07T18:08:01.118Z

Latest

news 2019/12/08    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy