The Yemeni government has condemned what it called "outright UAE aggression" aimed at preventing legitimacy from extending its full sovereignty over its territory.
The Yemeni government, in a statement on Friday, about 24 hours after the UAE raids on Yemeni army positions in Aden and Zanzibar, called on the UN Security Council to hold a special session to discuss what it described as UAE attacks and interventions in Yemen.
In a letter to Yemen's permanent representative to the United Nations, the government blamed the UAE for what it called an armed insurgency in the south of the country.
The Yemeni delegate noted that his country "reserves the full right to defend itself against the UAE attacks and the militias loyal to it," and called on Saudi Arabia to exercise its role as leader of the coalition, "to stop the recent military escalation against legitimacy."
In Moscow, the Russian Foreign Ministry expressed concern about the development of the situation in Yemen against the backdrop of the UAE bombing of sites belonging to the legitimate government forces in Aden and Abyan.
The ministry called on the parties to the conflict in Yemen to exercise restraint, saying that the priority is to stop hostilities, and that the escalation of armed confrontation in southern Yemen and its transition to a new dangerous stage, fraught with negative consequences for Yemen and regional security.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said that the division of the country and heat the confrontation in the interest of terrorist groups, which control one-third of Yemen, according to the statement.
Stability could be achieved only through a negotiating process in which the United Nations should play a central role.
Executions and torture
For his part, Yemeni Information Minister Muammar al-Iryani said that the timing of the "terrorist operations" witnessed in Aden yesterday and the Islamic State's claim of responsibility, puts more than a question mark about who is behind it and the beneficiary party.
Al-Iryani said in a tweet on Twitter that "who is responsible for the growth of terrorist acts in the southern provinces is the one who undermined the presence of the state and the government and handed over the security file in Aden to militia regions lacking training and experience," he described.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights also says it has video footage of executions, torture and liquidations committed by UAE-backed Southern Transitional Council forces against wounded Yemeni government troops in hospitals.
The ministry added that these forces killed and wounded about 300 civilians, including children and women, during the hunt and raid carried out in the two provinces after they took control of them.
Demands to expel the UAE
The Yemeni government had earlier called on President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi to send a letter to Saudi Arabia demanding an end to the UAE's participation in the Saudi-Emirati alliance, stressing the retention of Yemen's right to sue the UAE against the backdrop of those raids.
This comes as the streets of Taiz roamed popular marches rejecting the UAE presence in Yemen. The government demanded the expulsion of the UAE from the Saudi-led coalition.
Local sources said that demonstrators marched after Friday prayers marched through the streets, and chanted slogans calling for the departure of UAE forces from Yemen.
Participants condemned all the actions of the UAE in Yemen, including the airstrikes launched by the United Arab Emirates on Thursday on government forces in the provinces of Aden and Abyan, which claimed the lives of hundreds of dead and wounded.
Demonstrators called on the Yemeni government to quickly take a stand to end the UAE's role in the coalition, because of what they called the deviation of the UAE role from the coalition's stated objectives for which he entered Yemen.