The Syrian army will begin unilaterally to implement a ceasefire in the province of Idlib starting at 6:00 am on Saturday, the Russian reconciliation center in Syria said.
The Russian center called on armed factions to join the ceasefire regime in Idlib.
A spokesman for the National Liberation Front, which opposes the island, said it was not aware of the ceasefire that Russia and the regime planned to implement.
This development comes after an escalation witnessed by Idlib in recent days, where 13 civilians were killed yesterday, including five children, and dozens were injured by raids by Syrian regime warplanes on residential neighborhoods in the city of Ma'rat Al-Nouman in the southern countryside of Idlib.
Syrian regime forces have taken control of several towns and villages in Hama and Idlib, northern Syria, as part of their operations, which began on April 25 with the support of the Russian Air Force.
During their advance in Khan Sheikhoun and the northern countryside of Hama last week, regime forces cordoned off a Turkish observation post in the town of Mork, the largest of 12 such points Ankara has deployed in Idlib and its environs under the agreement with Russia.
The United Nations on Wednesday expressed concern over attacks by the Syrian regime and Russia on Idlib and neighboring areas since the end of April, noting that it had killed 550 civilians and displaced 400,000 others, as well as the settlement of dozens of towns and villages.