- Ocean Viking, Malta gives the ok to disembark. Muscat: "Migrants will be transferred to 6 other EU countries"
- Lampedusa, ordered the seizure of the Open Arms. Migrants leave the ship
- Open Arms, migrants throw themselves into the sea. Spain sends military ship
- Ocean Viking, the Ombudsman of private persons intervenes
- Migrants. Doctor on Ocean Viking: worries shipwrecked stress, could get worse
Share26 August 2019
The ship Eleonore of the NGO Lifeline "rescued 101 people aboard a rubber boat that was sinking 43 miles from Al-Khoms", in Libya. It is read in a tweet by Mediterranea in which it is added that "the ship Mare Jonio offered its assistance and is heading east". The boat was spotted by the "Lifeline 3" biplane.
The intervention of the Libyan coast guard
"While the rescue operations were underway by the Eleonore rescue team - a later post reads - a patrol boat of the so-called 'Libyan coast guard' threatened to approach the raft, terrorizing the castaways".
While rescue operations were underway by the #Eleonore rescue team, a patrol boat of the so-called "Libyan coast guard" threatened the raft, terrorizing the castaways. https://t.co/WYk6yh9KaB- Mediterranea Saving Humans (@RescueMed) August 26, 2019
"After the so-called 'Libyan coast guard' patrol boat has departed - concludes the NGO in a third tweet - people are all safely rescued aboard Eleonore who is heading north in search of a safe port for landing of the castaways ".