Trier (Germany) (AFP)
Estonian coach Ött Tänak continued to dominate the German Rally on Friday at midday, beating Belgian Thierry Neuville by 3 seconds, while Frenchman Sébastien Ogier was 13 seconds behind leader 7/10. .
"This special had very different characteristics, it was straight with junctions, I took a very wide bend but then it was clean," said Tänak (Toyota), who won three of the first four stages. of the rally.
He is currently leading the world championship ahead of Ogier and Neuville.
Thierry Neuville (Hyundai) remains in the race, although he conceded a bit more time and seemed disappointed at the finish, shaking his head as he discovered Tänak's time at the end of the fourth stage.
Ogier (Citroën) accuses him already nearly 15 seconds behind Tänak and meets handling problems. "I have an idea of the problem, but I do not know what we have to do to solve it," he found laconically.
There are still three special stages to be played on Friday in this rally in Germany after midday attendance. Disputed in the region of the Moselle, it will end Sunday.
. Provisional ranking of the Rally of Germany after the 4th special played Friday:
1. Ott Tänak-Martin Järveoja (EST / Toyota Yaris) 30: 51.5
2. Thierry Neuville-Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL / Hyundai i20) at 3.2
3. Sébastien Ogier-Julien Ingrassia (FRA / Citroen C3) at 13.7
4. Kris Meeke-Sebastian Marshall (GBR / Toyota Yaris) at 17.0
5. Dani Sordo-Carlos Del Barrio (ESP / Hyundai i20) at 17.1
6. Jari-Matti Latvala-Mikka Anttila (FIN / Toyota Yaris) at 19.0
7. Esapekka Lappi-Janne Ferm (FIN / Citroën C3) to 24.3
8. Andreas Mikkelsen-Anders Jaeger (NOR / Hyundai i20) at 24.7
9. Gus Greensmith-Elliott Edmondson (GBR / Ford M-Sport) at 41.3
10. Kalle Rovanperä-Jonne Halttunen (FIN / Skoda Fabia R5, 1st WRC2 Pro) at 1: 39.8
© 2019 AFP