Japan-US Trade Negotiations Ministerial Consultation Day 2 Negotiations continue | NHK News
The US-Japan trade negotiations in Washington began the ministerial discussion on the second day before dawn on the 23rd. Agricultural market opening that the United States demands ...
Japan-US Trade Negotiations Ministerial Consultation Day 2 Large-scale negotiations continue August 23, 4:32
The US-Japan trade negotiations in Washington began the ministerial discussion on the second day before dawn on the 23rd. Negotiations on how far both the US and Japan can go are continuing over the opening of the agricultural product market that the United States demands and the reduction of tariffs on automobiles that Japan demands.
The US-Japan trade negotiations in Washington began with a ministerial discussion on the second day between the Minister for Economic Revitalization Mogi and the Trade Representative for Lightheiser at 2:00 am Japan time.
The first day ministerial talks took place for about five hours, and after the talks, Minister Mogi expressed his recognition that the negotiations were coming to a close, saying that "the issues to be addressed have been considerably narrowed down."
On the other hand, he said, “It is certain that there is still a groove that must be filled,” and it was difficult to walk up with issues that differed from each other.
The government negotiators looked back on the first day's talks as “the most intense discussion ever so far” and opened up the market for agricultural products demanded by the United States, as well as industrial products such as automobiles and related parts demanded by Japan. He showed that there was ongoing debate over how to get closer to reducing tariffs.
The Japanese and US governments met with Prime Minister Abe and President Trump at the G7 summit in France starting on the 24th, followed by another summit meeting at the UN General Assembly late next month. I want to produce results.
- US-Japan Trade Negotiations Day 2 Ministerial Conference Ends | NHK News 2 months
- US-Japan Trade Negotiations “Still Challenges” to Asumo Discussion | NHK News 2 months
- US-Japan Trade Negotiations US Official “Much Progress in Agriculture and Communications” | NHK News 2 months
- NHK "TVer" to participate | NHK News 2 months
- US-Japan Trade Negotiations Ministerial Conference Ended “Most Progress” by Mogi Economic Revitalization | NHK News 2 months
- G7 Summit Day 2 Discusses World Economic Themes such as US-China Trade Friction | NHK News 2 months
- Japan-US summit meeting ended "Japan-US trade negotiations may be announced" Trump | NHK News 2 months
- US-Japan Trade Negotiations Principle Agreement Signed next month President Trump | NHK News 2 months