UN Security Council to hold meeting on US missile development
On August 22, the UN Security Council will hold an extraordinary meeting on the issue of US missile development that violates the INF Treaty.
“Together with China, we requested a meeting of the Security Council today in connection with US statements on plans to develop and deploy medium-range missiles,” TASS quoted as acting. Permanent Representative of Russia to the United Nations Dmitry Polyansky.
He added that the meeting will be held in an open format with a report by the representative of the UN Secretary General.
Earlier in the US, they announced the development of a missile that does not comply with the INF Treaty.
- After US cruise missile test: Russia and China call the UN Security Council 2 months
- The State Duma supported the convening of the UN Security Council due to US missile development 2 months
- "Main intruder": Russia and China convened a meeting of the UN Security Council due to US missile tests 2 months
- UN Security Council meeting on US plans to develop INF Treaty missiles 2 months
- US cruise missile launch experiment UN Security Council emergency meeting begins | NHK News 2 months