The Chinese Foreign Ministry commented on a US test of a missile banned INF Treaty
Foreign Ministry Spokesman Gen Shuang commented on a US test of a non-nuclear ground-based cruise missile that was banned by the Treaty on the Elimination of Intermediate-Range and Shorter-Range Missiles (INF Treaty).
"These US actions will lead to a new arms race, to an escalation of military confrontation, and will also have a serious negative impact on the structure of regional and international security," RIA Novosti quotes Gen Shuang.
The U.S. previously tested a cruise missile prohibited by the INF Treaty.
The Pentagon stated that the test missile "left the land mobile launcher and hit the target precisely after more than 500 km of flight."
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov, commenting on these tests, expressed the opinion that the United States "took a course towards escalating military tensions."
On August 2, the INF Treaty was officially discontinued at the initiative of the United States.
- The Russian Foreign Ministry commented on a US test of a missile banned INF Treaty 1 month
- US conducted banned INF Treaty cruise missile test 1 month
- The State Duma commented on the test of the US banned INF Treaty missile 1 month
- US tested banned INF Treaty cruise missile 1 month
- The EU commented on the attack at a wedding in Kabul 1 month
- The park of a thousand controversies 1 month
- Military expert appreciates US test of banned INF Treaty missile 1 month
- INF Treaty: Russia condemns US missile test 1 month
- The Kremlin appreciated the test of the United States banned INF Treaty missile 1 month
- Lavrov commented on a US test of a missile banned INF Treaty 1 month
- Putin commented on US tests of a missile banned INF Treaty 1 month