Terrorism suspected in Norway does not allow criminal liability
Another hearing has been held with the 21-year-old man who is suspected of attacking a mosque in Norwegian Bærum outside Oslo last week. He still does not admit criminal charges for the crimes he is suspected of.
During Friday, a first, about four and a half hours, held a hearing with the man. He then admitted that he was behind the death of his 17-year-old step-sister and having fired shots at the mosque a week ago.
Attorney Unni Fries says Saturday's hearing lasted for just over three hours and that the man still did not acknowledge criminal charges for his actions, reports NRK.Hatred of Muslims
Even during Saturday's interrogation, the suspected man participated actively, according to prosecutor Pål-Fredrik Hjort Kraby.
- He has explained, in detail, his motive for carrying out the documents and also about the two crime scenes. He has given us important details in the investigation, he says at a press conference.
According to the prosecutor, the hearing also dealt with the man's route to the mosque and the weapons he had.
As for the motive, Hjort Kraby confirms that hatred of Muslims and immigrants was a theme during Friday's interrogation, the magazine VG writes.
- That theory is still a theory and was also elucidated in the interview, but I do not want to go into any details, says Hjort Kraby.Celebrated shoots
The prosecutor says new hearings can be expected next week.
In addition to terrorist offenses, the 21-year-old man is also suspected of murdering his step-sister and of attempted murder in connection with the attack on al-Noor Islamic Center.
The police have mapped the man's activity online, which indicates that he has far-right opinions. He also praised others who carried out shootings with hate motives, including the man suspected of killing 21 people, several of them Mexicans, in El Paso, USA.