Bryan Coquard of France (Vital Concept - B & B Hotels) on Friday won the second stage of the Arctic Race in Norway, while Dutchman Mathieu van der Poel (Corendon-Circus) remains at the top of the overall standings.
Coquard sprinted ahead of the leader of the general followed by his compatriot, the other French Christophe Laporte (Cofidis, Credits Solutions), to win in this stage of 164 km between Henningsvaer and Svolvaer.
The third stage of the world's most northerly professional cycling race will take place on Saturday between Sortland and the summit of Storheia, nicknamed "the Norwegian Ventoux", for 176.5 km.
Ranking of the 2nd stage:
1. Bryan Coquard (FRA) the 164 km in 3 h 31:11.
2. Mathieu van der Poel (NED)
3. Christophe Laporte (FRA)
4. August Jensen (NOR)
5. Louis Bendixen (DEN), all as the winner
1. Mathieu van der Poel (NED) 7: 16: 9 pm
2. Alexey Lutsenko (KAZ) at 09.
3. Markus Hoelgaard (NOR) 09.
4. Andrea Pasqualon (ITA) 11.
5. Christophe Laporte (FRA) 12.
© 2019 AFP