- Britain blocks an oil tanker, Iran calls for "immediate release"
- Iran, seized tanker in the Gulf
- Iran, British oil tanker Stena Empire stopped for retaliation. The dramatic video of the capture
- Nyt: US cyber attacks against Iran, hit alleged oil tanker raids in Oman
- Saudi Arabia also accuses Iran of attacking oil tankers
- Explosion on an oil tanker in Russia: at least 3 dead
- Oil tanker attack. Use: Iran's fault. The shipowner: "Flying objects not mine"
- Attack on oil tankers. Trump: "It was Iran". Tehran denies
ShareAugust 15, 2019The Gibraltar Supreme Court has quashed the Iranian oil tanker, stopped in the Straits last July 4 on charges of transporting oil for Syria. Local media reported it.
In the past few hours the United States had appealed to Gibraltar not to release the ship.
The Grace 1 tanker, blocked in Gibraltar in Spanish territorial waters, was suspected of bringing Iranian oil to the Banyas refinery in Syria, in violation of European sanctions against Syria and Americans for Iran.
On June 13, the United States had accused Iran of attacking two oil tankers, one Norwegian and one Japanese, in the Gulf of Oman.