Berlin (AP) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel has behind the project of free train rides for soldiers. The Chancellor expressly supports and welcomes this initiative, said government spokesman Steffen Seibert. These are people who provide daily service to all of us, and with the free train ride there is a way to show appreciation and gratitude. Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer had talked about free train rides for soldiers to increase the visibility of the Bundeswehr.
Defense: Merkel supports free train rides for soldiers
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Defense: Further discussion about free train rides for soldiers 10 months
- Defense: Wehrbeauftragter insists on free train rides for soldiers 10 months
- Deutsche Bahn: Ministry of Defense wants free train ride for soldiers 10 months
- Defense: Ministry and railway are fighting for free rides for soldiers 10 months
- Defense: Free train rides for soldiers: scouring awaits agreement 10 months