Washington (AP) - Following the grave abuse allegations against entrepreneur Jeffrey Epstein, US Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta resigned. This was announced by US President Donald Trump, according to reporters in the presence of Acosta. Trump said it was the minister's decision. Acosta has come under increasing pressure in recent days. Background is a controversial deal more than ten years ago, the entrepreneur Jeffrey Epstein saved a lawsuit in federal court - and the Acosta as then prosecutor in Florida agreed.
Government: Epstein affair: US Labor Secretary Acosta resigns
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- US: US Labor Secretary Acosta backs into billionaire Epstein abusive affair 4 months
- US Labor Secretary Announces Resignation 4 months
- Epstein Affair: US Labor Secretary Acosta resigned 4 months
- Epstein affair: US Labor Secretary Acosta resigns 4 months
- Epstein case: resignation of US Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta 4 months