The Foreign Ministry commented on the political crisis in Venezuela
The early recognition of the speaker of the National Assembly of Venezuela, Juan Guaido, by the interim president says that the development of all events in the country was planned and well prepared, said RT Director of the Latin American department of the Russian Foreign Ministry Alexander Shchetinin.
“We see that soon recognizing the self-proclaimed president from those who live in Washington means that the development of all events was planned and well prepared. And in this sense, we were very disappointed, ”he said.
According to Schetinin, statements by various forces from outside are heard that can be interpreted as nothing but calls for chaos and internal division of the country.
Earlier, the American leader Donald Trump officially recognized Guayido as interim president of the country.
Later, the countries - participants of the "Group of Lima" recognized the Guaido acting chairman of Venezuela. Venezuelan Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez said that what is happening in the country is a coup d'état.
- Venezuela: update on the political crisis 9 months
- The Federation Council commented on the events in Venezuela 9 months
- International split on the crisis in Venezuela 9 months
- The PRC Foreign Ministry called on all countries to respect the sovereignty of Venezuela 9 months
- Zakharova commented on the situation in Venezuela 9 months
- The Foreign Ministry reported "stuffing" before the meeting of the UN Security Council on Venezuela 9 months
- "Heads of the circus - in the US government": the head of the Foreign Ministry of Venezuela on the political crisis and negotiations with the opposition 9 months