The expert commented on the refusal of the UOC to communicate with Constantinople
Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor of Moscow State Linguistic University Roman Silantyev commented on the RT decision of the synod of the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church to break off the Eucharistic communion with Constantinople.
“This is a logical continuation of the general church position. The church has autonomy and in order to confirm the decision of the synod of the Moscow Patriarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church, the UOC should gather a synod and bring this question up for discussion. We see the same thing in Estonia and in Belarus, where local churches have autonomy to one degree or another, ”said Silantyev.
Earlier, the Synod of the canonical UOC declared that it breaks the Eucharistic communion with Constantinople because of actions in Ukraine.
- In the UOC commented on the refusal of Poroshenko to meet with the bishops 10 months
- The expert commented on the UOC decision to break the Eucharistic communion with Constantinople. 10 months
- The expert commented on the IMF statement about dissatisfaction with the growth rate of the Ukrainian economy. 10 months
- The expert commented on the meeting Poroshenko with the hierarchs of the UOC-MP 10 months
- The expert commented on the situation with heat supply in several cities of Ukraine. 10 months
- The expert commented on the statement of Hungary about relations with Ukraine. 10 months