Terrorism: Unicef: 45 children among the dead in Sri Lanka
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
Geneva (dpa) - The attacks in Sri Lanka, according to the UN Children's Fund Unicef also 45 children have died. The youngest of the 13 children who died in Batticaloa was only 18 months old, said UNICEF spokesman Christophe Boulierac in Geneva. In Negombo, 27 children were killed. In addition, the death of five foreign children was confirmed, it said. The attacks in churches and luxury hotels were thought by the government to be retaliated for the attack on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March.
- Terrorism: 310 dead after attacks in Sri Lanka 4 months
- Terrorism: Three Dutch people among the dead in Sri Lanka 4 months
- Frenchman among the dead in the attacks in Sri Lanka 4 months
- Terrorism: 32 foreigners among the fatalities in Sri Lanka 4 months
- Terrorism: number of dead in Sri Lanka down corrected 4 months