Pompeo confirmed the death of several Americans in Sri Lanka
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed the death of several Americans as a result of a series of explosions in hotels and temples of Sri Lanka.
“We can confirm that among the dead were several US citizens. The US Embassy is working on a continuous basis to assist American citizens who have been affected by the attacks and their families, ”the State Department said in a public statement.
Earlier it became known that as a result of a series of explosions in Sri Lanka, five Britons were killed.
In Sri Lanka, a series of explosions in Catholic churches and five-star hotels occurred during the celebration of Easter.
According to the latest data, more than 200 people died, among them 35 foreigners.
RT is a text translation.
- Sri Lanka: So far 13 arrests after series of attacks in Sri Lanka 3 months
- Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka commemorates with three minutes of silence the victims of the attacks 3 months
- Sri Lanka: number of attacks in Sri Lanka has risen to 310 3 months
- Sri Lanka: Government: After attacks in Sri Lanka, evidence of "retribution" for Christchurch 3 months
- Sri Lanka: Number of attacks in Sri Lanka has risen to almost 360 3 months