Eighteen people who ate lunch boxes for the elderly made by a restaurant in Owase City, Mie Prefecture, complained of food poisoning symptoms, of which 18 people in their 80s and 90s were hospitalized. Mie Prefecture determined that it was food poisoning caused by salmonella caused by boxed lunches, and banned this restaurant from operating on the 13rd.

According to the Mie Prefectural Department of Health Care, on the 18th of this month, 13 people complained of food poisoning, including 16 people from 18 households who ate a home delivery bento for the elderly manufactured by Kawaguchi, a restaurant in Furudo-cho, Owase City, and employees who ate part of the bento and their families.

Of these, 80 people in their 90s and 13s are still hospitalized complaining of symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, and nausea.

It means that no one has severe symptoms.

Upon receiving a report from a medical institution, the public health center investigated and determined that salmonella was detected in the stool of the elderly and employees, so it was determined that it was food poisoning, and this restaurant was banned from business from the 23rd until improvement was confirmed.

Food poisoning caused by salmonella is often caused by eggs and meat, and Mie Prefecture warns people to eat it sufficiently heated.