Police have arrested one of the suspects in a robbery and injury incident that occurred at a recycle shop in Oamishirasato City, Chiba Prefecture this month, according to investigative sources.

The suspect is a security guard.

The incident in Komae City, Tokyo was discovered after the information left on the mobile phone I had, and the police are investigating the relationship.

While there have been a series of robbery and injury incidents in various parts of the Kanto region since the beginning of this year, in Oamishirasato City, Chiba Prefecture, on the 12th of this month, a group of three people broke into a recycle shop and injured the manager. and left without taking anything.

The Chiba Prefectural Police Headquarters is investigating the incident as a robbery injury case, but an interview with investigative officials revealed that one of the suspected three criminals had been arrested so far on suspicion of robbery injury. rice field.

He was arrested the day after the incident, and the suspect is a man in his 20s who is an active duty Self-Defense Forces officer.

As a result of seizing and investigating the mobile phone possessed by this SDF, it was found that information on the house in Komae City, Tokyo, where the robbery and murder occurred on the 19th, was left behind.

In response to this, the information was provided to the Metropolitan Police Department on the 19th, and the Chiba Prefectural Police said, "We provided it as soon as it was discovered during the investigation."

The police are investigating the connection between the robbery murder case in Komae City, Tokyo and a series of incidents in the Kanto region.

A victim of a robbery injury in Oamishirasato City, Chiba Prefecture, said, "I'm horrified to think that I might have been killed."

Masayuki Naito (76), who runs a recycle shop specializing in purchasing in Oamishirasato City, was looking after the store alone around 7:30 pm on the 12th of this month.

Surveillance cameras recorded a series of men breaking into the store around that time.

After this, the suspect suddenly attacked and threatened, "Where is the safe?"

Mr. Naito was injured after being hit on the head by him.

Naito said, "I don't know if it was the same criminal who was attacked, but I was really surprised when I learned about the robbery and murder in Komae City. I'm horrified to think that I might have been killed as well. I want the culprit to be caught as soon as possible," he said.

The arrested suspect is a 23-year-old JGSDF officer.

On the night of the 20th, the Ministry of Defense told NHK that the suspect arrested by the police was a Ground Self-Defense Force officer.

After that, he commented, "As the Ministry of Defense, we will cooperate with the investigation."

According to Ministry of Defense officials, the arrested Ground Self-Defense Force officer is 23 years old, belongs to a unit in Mie Prefecture, and has been missing since November last year.