At about 20:45 on May 24, the two-and-a-half-story residential building at No. 182-183, Huayuanxin Village, Hutang Town, Wujin District, Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province collapsed due to an explosion caused by a leak of bottled liquefied gas.

That night, the reporter saw at the scene that several local fire departments, public security and other departments have carried out rescue efforts, and some wounded have been rescued from the rubble and sent to the hospital for treatment.

Witnesses told reporters that the explosion was loud, and the shock wave caused damage to businesses across the road to varying degrees, and pedestrians were injured.

At present, the rescue work has come to an end.

Responsible editor: [Ye Pan]