He won't make the move.
Prince Harry was accused this Saturday of "snubbing the Queen" by deciding not to travel to the United Kingdom to attend a religious ceremony in honor of his grandfather Prince Philip, husband of Elizabeth II, died last April.
A spokesperson for Harry said on Friday evening that the prince would miss the tribute to his grandfather at the end of the month, without giving an explanation, but adding that Harry hoped to be able to visit the queen “soon ".
In the columns of the newspaper
, which titled this Saturday "Harry snubs Philip", Angela Levin, author of a book on the grandson of the queen, believes that the prince "snubs not only the Duke of Edinburgh [Philip ] but above all, he snubs the queen” by her absence.
A story of police protection?
Harry and his wife Meghan made the choice in 2019 to withdraw from the British royal family and now live in California.
This decision mechanically deprived the couple of the police protection which had been granted to them until then in the United Kingdom, at the expense of the taxpayer.
Harry offered to pay the costs and is now challenging the Home Office's refusal in court.
Harry "is wrong all along the line, if he comes for a royal event, he will have police protection," said Angela Levin.
A ceremony that Elizabeth II should attend
The ceremony in honor of Prince Philip, who died last April at the age of 99, is due to take place on March 29.
Queen Elizabeth II is due to attend but her presence remains pending after several months of fragile health and a few weeks after catching Covid-19.
The monarch, who turns 96 next month, said on Friday she would not attend a church service in London on Monday at Westminster Abbey, which was to mark her first major outing in months.
The appearances of the sovereign have become rare.
After spending a night in the hospital in October, for "preliminary examinations" on which no details were ever given, the sovereign, who celebrated her 70th year of reign in February, limited herself to " light duties" at Windsor Castle, on the advice of his doctors.
Coronavirus: Elisabeth II resumes her official commitments after her Covid-19
“The Crown”: $200,000 worth of jewelry was stolen on the set of the fifth season
Queen Elizabeth II
Share on Messenger
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Flipboard
Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Send by Mail
A fault ?