The Sports Cafe
Supporters from Senegal and Egypt in Yaoundé.
The two teams will face each other in the CAN final on Sunday February 6, 2022. © Pierre René-Worms/RFI
By: Annie Gasnier Follow
In the summary of the Café des sports at 4:10 p.m. UT on Facebook Live: Cameroon out of its CAN.
Solid and resilient Pharaohs qualified after the penalty shootout, at the end of a closed match.
- Autopsy of a sports failure.
What did the Indomitable Lions miss?
- A trompe-l'oeil route to the semi-finals?
- The sporting consequences: it will be necessary to remobilize for a small final against the Stallions, and to face Algeria in the qualifiers counting for the World Cup.
- The consequences for the country: a drama, controversy, a few hiccups.
- Senegal/Egypt, different trajectories, but a revival of 2 nations, for an unprecedented final as the culmination of the Pan-African tournament.
- Mané and Salah, two "Scousers", 2 kings of England for a single throne!
- A final with a stylish opposition, wait-and-see Egyptians against Senegalese on the attack?
- If Egypt is on a mission to win an 8th star, will the Lions of Teranga defeat the Indian sign?
- Cardboard sequence at the end of the issue.
Around Annie Gasnier: Rémy N'Gono, Xavier Barret and Alejandro Valente. Video production, Souheil Khedir/Léo Bernard. Sound design: Valentin Alves/Laurent Salerno. Coordination: David Fintzel/Pierre Guérin.
Around Annie Gasnier: Rémy N'Gono, Xavier Barret and Alejandro Valente.
Video production, Souheil Khedir/Léo Bernard.
Sound design: Valentin Alves/Laurent Salerno.
Coordination: David Fintzel/Pierre Guérin.
Receive all the international news directly in your mailbox
Follow all the international news by downloading the RFI application
On the same subject
Africa Sports Journal
CAN newspaper of February 4: why Cameroon failed against Egypt
CAN 2022: the chronicle of Joseph-Antoine Bell
CAN 2022: “Egyptians know what they want”
International football radio
CAN 2022: the debrief of the elimination of Cameroon by Egypt in the semi-finalsKeywords: