Girl dies of electric shock after her phone fell in a bathtub in France

A 13-year-old girl died in France from an electric shock after her mobile phone, which was plugged in to charge it, fell into the bathtub.

And the newspaper "Le Parisien" reported today, Saturday, that the rescuers were initially able to revive the girl after the accident that occurred in the city of Macon.

The girl remained in a coma for several days at the University Hospital in Lyon, before she died.

The girl had a friend at home when the accident occurred, and he was shocked and taken to hospital as well.

The concerned authorities are investigating the exact circumstances of the incident.

On the other hand, the girl's mother appealed to the other teenagers and their parents in the local newspaper, saying, "This should be a warning to the other teenagers because their phones have become implanted in their hands," according to Le Parisien.

"We should really insist not to take phones into bathtubs because it could end tragically," she added.

Follow our latest local and sports news and the latest political and economic developments via Google news

Keywords: